Effecting positive behavioral and cultural change... Crew Resource Management.
Crew Resource Management (CRM) was introduced in the aviation industry during a NASA workshop in 1979, designed as a training program to improve air travel safety and reduce the increasing number of fatal accidents attributable to human error. Studies had found that the primary cause of the majority of aviation accidents occurring at that time were due to human error. The leading causes of which were failures of interpersonal communication, leadership and decision-making within the high-risk cockpit.
Today, organizations around the world have begun to adopt Crew Resource Management in the healthcare industry. Safer Healthcare has been working with hospitals since 1999 to formalize Crew Resource Management program training, coaching and integration. To date, we have worked with over 500 hospitals worldwide to create and enhance patient safety culture and create high reliability using Lean process improvements and CRM concepts.
As a training methodology, Crew Resource Management in healthcare is concerned not so much with the technical knowledge and skills required to operate equipment or perform specific operations, but rather with the cognitive and interpersonal skills needed to effectively manage a team-based, high-risk activity. In this context, cognitive skills are defined as the mental processes used for gaining and maintaining situational awareness, for solving problems and making decisions. Interpersonal skills are regarded as communications and a range of behavioral activities associated with teamwork.
Significant patient safety results and it pays for itself within 8-10 months.
Safer Healthcare's Crew Resource Management programs pay for themselves within the first 8-10 months (sometimes sooner). Our fully integrated Lean leadership, Crew Resource Management in healthcare programs and risk mitigation services have helped clients improve patient safety and quality of care while increasing productivity and profitability. Below are some of the results realized:
- 78% reduction of surgical counts errors
- 99% reduction of wrong site surgeries
- 83% increase in employee satisfaction and patient safety awareness
- 67% decrease in surgical infections
- 48% decrease in waste of disposable goods in the operating room
- 89% reduction in nursing turnover
- 63% increase in operating room turnaround times
Safer Healthcare's Crew Resource Management programs have been successfully implemented in hundreds of hospitals and healthcare organizations throughout the United States, Canada, England, Singapore, Australia, Brazil and New Zealand. The bottom line: our evidence-based, award-winning Crew Resource Management programs have produced real results for our clients.
A caring and insightful yet methodical approach to lasting culture change.
Safer Healthcare, the industry leader in providing Crew Resource Management programs to hospital executives, management, staff and physicians, has been actively engaged in teaching Crew Resource Management principles for over a decade to thousands of healthcare professionals worldwide.
Safer Healthcare's award-winning CRM: Human Factors in Healthcare workshop teaches teams the fundamental concepts and elements that were instrumental in achieving world-class safety and quality records in commercial aviation.
Universal set of skills and techniques.
The following universal Crew Resource Management skills are transferred to staff members and physicians while deploying a fully integrated CRM program:
- Standardized communication
- Team briefings and debriefings
- Situational awareness
- Decision-making and leadership
- Conflict resolution
- Effective teamwork
- Critical language
- Threat and error management
Crew Resource Management program skills, while seeming like common sense, are often difficult to master, as they require a change in interpersonal dynamics and organizational culture. Through a blended and systematized approach, including education, practical skill development and interdisciplinary simulation, research has shown that CRM program skills can be successfully embedded within a high-risk healthcare department or medical organization to effectively standardize communication, teamwork, quality improvement and high reliability.
Providing tangible and soft benefits.
The successful development of Crew Resource Management program skills amongst front line staff members and the establishment of consistent and sustainable policies and procedures offer the following benefits to healthcare organizations:
- Synergistic process design and problem solving
- Objective analysis of problems and opportunities
- Promotion of cross-functional understanding
- Improved quality and productivity
- Greater innovation
- Reduced operating costs and increased profitability
- Increased commitment to organizational mission
- More flexible response to change
- Increased ownership and stewardship
- Reduced turnover and absenteeism and increased staff morale
Hardwired skills for the long haul.
At the conclusion of one of Safer Healthcare's Crew Resource Management in healthcare programs, participants exhibit proficiency in the following areas:
- Understand how teamwork in healthcare and communication contribute to patient safety
- Describe techniques used for effective teamwork, communication, situational awareness, decision-making and assertiveness
- Create and perform customized team briefings and debriefings
- Exhibit proficiency using the SBAR communication technique
- Understand and respect personal communication styles
- Develop strategies to integrate teamwork and communication tools successfully into their local environment or department
Contact us to learn more about CRM.
We welcome your questions and inquiries about our Crew Resource Management programs, products and services.
Contact Safer Healthcare's team of Crew Resource Management in healthcare experts to learn how we can help your organization increase levels of patient safety and improve the quality of safe and reliable patient care while maximizing profitability.
- Phone: 303 298 8083
- Toll-free (US) 866 398 8083
- eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org